Tournoi-TwKs Index du Forum
Tournoi-TwKs
Forum du Tournoi des Twinkys

Tournoi-TwKs Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

:: Aurangzeb The Life And Legacy Of Indias Most Controversia ::

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Tournoi-TwKs Index du Forum -> ~ Autres ~ -> ~ Réclamations ~
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
fatscotl

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 08:10 (2017)    Sujet du message: Aurangzeb The Life And Legacy Of Indias Most Controversia Répondre en citant

Aurangzeb: The Life and Legacy of India's Most Controversial King Audrey Truschke
Aurangzeb: The Life and Legacy of India's Most Controversial King book german

I meant the plumbing issue in my apartmentAs Wendy Doniger, a leading scholar of Hinduism, has pointed out, this law, in theory, criminalizes even accurate statements about Indian history if such sentiments offend any religious community in India, a diverse country of over 1.3 billion peopleREPORTS OF THE DESTRUCTION OF TEMPLES SHOULD BE SENT TO THE COURT UNDER THE SEAL OF THE QAZIS and attested by PIOUS SHAIKHS."Reply Aayesha siddiquiJun 6, 2017 at 9:22 amI disagree because Im educated with authentic History from reliable source0 replies 1 retweet 5 likes Reply Retweet 1 Retweeted 1 Like 5 Liked 5 End of conversation New conversation Nitin Tiwari‏tiwarinitin79 May 6 More Copy link to Tweet Embed Tweet Replying to AudreyTruschke amazon your tweets & your book amply expose your agenda would you mind disclosing your motivation and/or paymasters 1 reply 1 retweet 2 likes Reply 1 Retweet 1 Retweeted 1 Like 2 Liked 2 Audrey Truschke‏Verified accountAudreyTruschke May 6 More Copy link to Tweet Embed Tweet Replying to tiwarinitin79 My motivation is recovering and understanding Indian historyBut he also acted in ways that we would describe, again using modern terms, as tolerant

Most of the vitriolic messages and trolling areforgettable, but some of it is chillingFor instance, evidence suggests that he destroyed a few dozen Hindu temples at most (not thousands) and largely for political reasonsIn this blog post, I explore the roots of the controversy over Aurangzeb, my role therein as a historian, and the harsh realities of producing historical analysis in a world where many privilege politically expedient falsehoodsBOOKS AUTHORS REQUESTS ABOUT BOOKS AUTHORS REQUESTS ABOUT STANFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS STANFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS STANFORDUNIVERSITY PRESS Say a lot with a little When you see a Tweet you love, tap the heart it lets the person who wrote it know you shared the love

Written by Adrija Roychowdhury New Delhi Updated: June 5, 2017 8:50 am In her book, The Life and Legacy of Indias Most Controversial King, Truschke unpacks a side of Aurangzeb largely unknown to IndiansNorton & Co Aurangzeb banned Diwali, re-introduced jizya (tax) on non-Muslims, led numerous campaigns of attacks against non-Muslims, forcibly converted Hindus to Islam and destro Hindu temples.Vincent Smith (1919), The Oxford History of India, Oxford University PressReply Load More Comments Most Read India vs Pakistan, ICC Women's World Cup 2017: India beat Pakistan by 95 runs Tubelight box office collection day 10: Salman Khan film's debacle has left distributors in pain Moto C Plus now available at Rs 499 with Flipkart exchange offer: Here's how to get Best of ExpressNitish Kumar on Opposition: Must move beyond reactive narrative, not PM face for 2019 electionsMaharashtra beef advisory: No raids by gau rakshaks, case only after testsJ&K govt data: Firing across LoC has limited impact, fails to deter PakOpinionWe need to build institutional memory, improve decision-makingFind a topic youre passionate about, and jump right inPay LessNewark, NJ audreytruschke.com Joined October 2010 Tweets 2017 Twitter About Help Center Terms Privacy policy Cookies Ads info Firstpost - All Rights Reserved.Terms of usePrivacyThe goal for a historian is to make sense of all of these aspects of Aurangzeb rather than singling out only one side of this complicated king

Posted by: Daniel Lee June 14, 2017 at 01:06 AM Some historians write imaginary storiesThe Mughal Empire at Aurangzebs death in 1707I am regularly attacked on the basis of my gender, nationality, race, and perceived religionYou can switch location on/off before each Tweet and always have the option to delete your location historyThe list of charges against Aurangzeb is severe and, if they were all true, shockingThe small number of conversions is indicated, for example, by contemporary news bulletins that listed individual converts, often by name

The idea here is that Akbar was a good Indian emperor precisely because he wasnt (in this view) very Muslim, whereas Aurangzebs piety crippled his ability to rule IndiaALSO, DO NOT ALLOW THE CRUSHED HINDUS AND DE ABLE INFIDELS TO REPAIR THEIR OLD TEMPLES Modern (historically inaccurate) propaganda about Indo-Muslim historyTwenty-first-century India is plagued by religious-based conflict, especially between Hindus and Muslims, Indias religious majority and its largest religious minority, respectivelyOne point on which I agree with my detractors is this: Aurangzeb matters in the modern worldGet more of what you love Follow more accounts to get instant updates about topics you care about 48a4f088c3

My+Chicken+Eggs+%28Journal+%2F+Notebook%29Praxisbuch+Vogelfotografie%3A+Wie+perfekte+Fotos+aus+n%26auml%3Bchster+N%26auml%3Bhe+gelingen+%28German+Edition%29Home Medicine Bible For Your Bloodhound: The Alternative Health Guide to Keep Your Dog Happy, Healthy and SafeHanwell & Southall Through TimeWilliam of Orange and the Revolt of the Netherlands, 1572-84 (St Andrews Studies in Reformation History)Spaß Bauernhof Tiere Malbuch (German Edition)Bota e Fantazise (The World Of Fantasy): chapter 06 - Sleeping SleepyheadThe Complete Mysteries Of Unexplored Worlds - Volume 3: Gwandanaland Comics #615 -- The Complete 48-Issue Series in Five Giant Books -- The Only Complete Collection In Print!The Song Poet: A Memoir of My FatherSuperhero Trent: A 6 x 9 Lined Journal

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 08:10 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Tournoi-TwKs Index du Forum -> ~ Autres ~ -> ~ Réclamations ~ Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation